VisualRoute Personal Edition is for non-technical users that want to perform connectivity testing of Internet connections or get more information about an IP address or website.
Features & Benefits
ADVANCED FEATURES :
- Tabbed Display. Multi-tabbed design provides quick access to multiple connectivity and PingGrapher™ tests in a single view, a simple click on a tab provides easy navigation of open reports.
- Multiple Maps. Choose from three popular map displays, including physical and political map options.
- Browser Shortcut. Trace the web site in your browser with a simple click on the Internet Explorer or Firefox toolbar, see the actual IP routing path to the web server, the Whois information for the domain, and estimated geographical location of the server.
STANDARD FEATURES :
- NEW! Graphical View of Traceroute, Ping, Reverse DNS Connectivity Analysis. Results from several essential network diagnostic tools are integrated into an overall connectivity report, providing a graphical view of connection performance report including packet loss and latency for each network hop. Drill-down detail is easily visible with a mouse over any network hop.
- Trace to any Remote IP address or Domain from the VisualRoute desktop. Test connectivity from the VisualRoute desktop to any web server, IP address or network device. Get an instant report of the entire route and each network segment, see where data is being lost or excessive latency occurs. And by combining multiple network diagnostic tools in one easy to interface, VisualRoute provides a complete picture of connectivity performance -- with much faster results than traditional tools.
- IP Location Reporting. The physical geographical locations of network servers and routers is key information for understanding routing problems, viewing the actual route path on global map provides an instant of picture of routing efficiency and distances.
- Network Provider Reporting. See the contact information for the company providing Internet access for each hop of a network route, so you can easily report network problems.
- Domain Whois Reporting. Get instant lookups of domain information from worldwide databases, so you can see the registered ‘owner’ of an IP address or domain..
- NEW! Network Peering Points. See where network peering points are located on the connection route to help identify high-risk routing devices.
- ICMP & UDP Traceroutes. ICMP is the standard diagnostic vehicle for traceroute reporting. UDP is an application protocol, UDP traceroutes extend the ICMP traceroute capability through a more accurate depiction of application routing and more ‘firewall friendly’ traces. VisualRoute's intelligent protocol selection system automatically switches from ICMP to UDP traceroutes where required.
Homepage - http://www.visualroute.com/personal.html
Size: 3.97 MB